Monday, April 9, 2012

Just the beginning...

I’ve been trying to finish up this recording project of mine. I never realized how exhausting and time consuming coming out with just 4 little songs can be. I think in my head I just assumed that it would come to fruition by faith alone, but there is a lot of foot work involved! Recording isn’t even the half of it…it’s getting motivated to do it after an 8 hour work day, bribing my musically talented friends to contribute, creating websites and facebooks, and so on the list goes. Don’t get me wrong, this is the happiest I’ve ever been. Being in the studio (and by studio I mean Carter's living room), and hearing all these songs that have been buzzing in my head actually complete, is a dream. One I really hope to never wake from. I’m overwhelmed in the best possible way. I think above all, the greatest thing about it is just seeing the Lord’s promises. Joy is found in the simplest things, and for me it is in writing songs. Nothing compares to those times, when creativity meets one’s passion. Whether I have the finances to record again is irrelevant, playing for people around me wherever I go is something I hope to do always. I’ll keep everyone posted on the happenings. We just did drums and harmonies! Woo! Now go dance in the sunshine! 


(The honey recording drums) 

No comments:

Post a Comment